Delicious Homestyle Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits Recipe
Lets get real here there are very few food groups on this planet that are more delicious than carbohydrates… affectionally known as “carbs.”
I mean… think about it. Pasta… pizza… cereals… bread…(I almost think of bread as its own category! You have sourdough…ciabatta… baguettes… bagels… English muffins… focaccia… and so much more!)
And lots of treats are carb-heavy, too… like cookies, muffins, cupcakes, donuts, brownies, cake, etc.
So while I think we can all agree that carbs are DELICIOUS.TRENDING: Science Reveals Easy, No-Workout Ways to Lose Weight While You Snooze!
And carbs are the perfect comfort food, too. If you’re stressed or upset, youre not wanting to reach for a salad to soothe yourself. You want hot carbs, fresh and delicious from the oven.
(I might be salivating over my keyboard, just thinking about it!)
If only there were a way to get a delicious snack that didnt go straight to your waistline
Oh wait, guess what?! You CAN eat carbs that arent bad for you!BRAND-NEW: Research Shows These 3 Sugar Substitutes Are Best For Burning Fat (Plus 2 You Should NEVER Eat)
Plus, these arent super complicated biscuits. You dont have to show a bonafide Southern pedigree in order to make these a success!
In fact, theyre almost as easy as popping open one of those refrigerated canisters of premade biscuit dough but WAY more delicious (and better for you)!
Serve these homestyle biscuits alongside some soup or enjoy them on their own. Either way, theyll hit the spot without going straight to your waistline.
So if youre ready to enjoy some delicious, warm biscuits in just 30 minutes
Heres how to get started:
FTHs Homestyle Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits
Serves 4 (with leftovers)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- tsp salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- cup coconut oil
1) Preheat your oven to 425-F. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2) With a fork, cut in the coconut oil into the flour until the mixture is crumbly and resembles coarse peas. Slowly add milk and stir until just combined.
3) Spoon biscuit dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
4) Serve hot. Makes 12 biscuits.
- If you dont have whole wheat flour on hand, feel free to use regular all purpose flour. The results will still be delicious!
- No coconut oil? No problem! You can use butter instead. If you opt for margarine, check for trans fats. Many margarines contain trans fats, which can increase your blood cholesterol levels increase your risk for heart disease and even lower your levels of good HDL cholesterol. So choose your margarine carefully or opt for butter.
- You want your coconut oil (or butter) to be cold and firm when you use it to make biscuits. Making sure your fat is cold when you add it to the dough helps to ensure those tasty, flaky layers you like to see in your biscuits.
THIS Biscuit Topping Can Help You Burn Fat & Lose Weight
Although I do love eating these homestyle biscuits fresh from the oven with a bit of honey or a dollop of jam
My favorite way to eat them might be with CHEESE.
Theres just something so comforting and delicious about a warm biscuit with a slice of high-quality cheese.
Im not talking about cheese wiz or cheese from a can here–as delicious as those are, they unfortunately wont help you lose weight 🙁
(Yes, eating biscuits with cheese could actually help you lose weight!)
So to find out which delicious cheeses are best for burning fat (and topping freshly baked biscuits)… click here: