Delicious, Quick & Healthy Tex-Mex Migas Recipe
Craving your favorite Southwestern fare?
This heart-healthier take on traditional migas cuts out the excess oils and fats, using only fresh ingredients for maximum taste.
This breakfast recipe is so flavorful and fresh and its the perfect choice when youre feeling a little bored with your normal breakfast fare.SPECIAL: These 3 Delicious Smoothie Recipes Are Specially Designed To Burn Off More Fat So You Lose More Weight
Gluey, boring oatmeal? Plain scrambled eggs? Cold cereal that comes loaded with tons of added sugar and gets soggy in a matter of minutes?
No, thank you!
This migas recipe is anything but boring or flavorless. This breakfast dish is slightly spicy (and you can adjust the spice according to your tastes) a bit cheesy and very filling.
And you know what? The fresh jalapeos dont just kick up the flavor, but are also loaded with immune-boosting antioxidants.
Eggs are an excellent addition to any diet, as an abundant source of proteins, HDL-cholesterols, and other essential nutrients. However, you can absolutely substitute in egg whites if you prefertheyll still taste just as delicious!SPECIAL: Researcher Discovers The Million-Year-Old Diet That Allows This Tribe To Stay Slim & Healthy Even While Eating Sugar
So, if youre ready to make breakfast your favorite meal of the day again and actually be excited to get out of bed for this
Heres how to make our fast, flavorful, and healthy Tex-Mex migas:
FTHs Tex-Mex Migas
- onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeo pepper, minced*
- cup cilantro, minced
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 eggs*
- 1 small avocado
- cup queso fresco
- cup salsa
1) Add your olive oil to the skillet. Once its hot, then add the pepper, onion, tomatoes, and tortillas. Sautee until aromatic and the tortillas are crispy.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add them to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are firm and everything is blended together.
3) Remove from the stove and garnish with queso, salsa, cilantro, and avocado.
- For a spicier recipe, leave seeds in the jalapeo.
- You may substitute in 2 cups of egg whites in place of whole eggs, or use 4 whole eggs and 1 cup of egg whites.
The Amazing Health Benefits Of Avocado (And Why You Should Definitely Top Your Migas With An Avocado)
This migas recipe has a lot going for it both flavor- and health-wise. In the flavor department, youve got fresh onion, tomato, and jalapeo plus the salsa, avocado, and queso fresco.
And as for the health side of this recipe? The eggs are the perfect start to your day for a great dose of protein that will keep you full for hours.
The other player I want to highlight here is the avocado.
I know avocados are arguably the most popular superfood but honestly, they deserve all of the good press theyve gotten recently.SPECIAL: This Scientific Trick Can Reduce Your Belly Fat By 8.5% in Just 12 Weeks…
Here are just a few of the amazing health benefits of avocados:
- Avocados are super nutritious. Just one avocado contains vitamin K folate vitamin C potassium vitamin B5 vitamin B6 vitamin E and more. (An avocado actually has more potassium than a banana!)
- Theyre full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Avocados are high in fiber.
- Eating avocados can help lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Avocados may help you better absorb nutrients from other plant foods.
- Theyre full of antioxidants that can help protect your eye health.
- Studies even show that avocados might be able to help lower your risk of cancer. Plus, they may help reduce the side effects of chemotherapy, too.
- Avocados are a weight loss friendly food and may help you consume fewer total calories.
- Avocado extract could help relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
So not only are avocados the perfect creamy topping for your migas but theyre loaded with health benefits, too!
When Finishing These Migas Use THESE Cheeses To Make Them Fat-Burning…
Heres an interesting way to make this already-delicious and healthy dish even healthier:
When youre finishing it off with plenty of delicious cheese (it really warms my heart to write those words)…
Each one is scientifically-proven to help your body burn more fat backed up with all kinds of studies research and papers in medical journals. 
And best of all theyre all completely natural cheeses you can get at a supermarket or cheese shopno cheese in a can or light versions (eew) with all the flavor and goodness sucked out of them 🙁
Were talking real, delicious cheeseones that you probably already love. (And are eaten in heroic quantities at my wine and cheese nights with the gals)
To see what all 3 of these fat burning cheeses are and how you can eat MORE of them to lose weight (music to my ears 🙂 ) check this out: