Stay Slim During Lockdown With These Delicious & Healthy Snack Ideas
Click Here to See the Doctors Secret That Can Melt Pounds of Fat in Just 12 Weeks
COVID-19 and its ensuing lockdown have wreaked havoc on our lives. The fortunate people are the healthy ones confined to their homes.
Being home can be lots of fun and an opportunity to rest, catch up on movies, enjoy family time, talk to friends, work on projects that usually fall by the wayside, and more.
However, if youre like me the most frightening aspect of being locked up in your house 24/7 is that theres plenty of time to wander into the kitchen. And then you also have plenty of time to devour the contents of the refrigerator and pantry!
Wouldnt it be comforting to sit on the couch with a family-size bag of potato chips, smother each one with dip, and eat every last one of them?!SPECIAL: This Scientific Trick Can Reduce Your Belly Fat By 8.5% in Just 12 Weeks…
After many trips to the grocery store (or ordering online), youve probably acquired an impressive stockpile of food and snacks. How do you resist all the yummy stuff when youre ALWAYS less than a minute walk away from it?!
If theres ever been a time for stress eating, it seems like its now!
Someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, youll be allowed to roam outside of your confines again. When you do, you wont want to have to diet and exercise until you lose your COVID 19 (or Quarantine 15) pounds (similar to, but less fun than, the Freshman 15).
The best plan is to have healthy snacks available so you wont make bad choices and wind up consumed by guilt, remorse, and regret. Fitting into your clothes is an added bonus!
So, to help you stay healthy (but also satisfied) during lockdown we have some snacking tips, as well as tons of healthy & tasty snack ideas!
Helpful Snack Hint #1: Fill Up On Fiber & Water
Foods with healthy fat and fiber are filling. Think nuts and seeds, fruits, vegetables, quinoa, oats, popcorn, chia seeds, sweet potatoes, andsurprise–dark chocolate!
Drink as much water as you can. Sometimes thirst feels like hunger. Hydrating is great for your body and skin and water will make you feel full.
Helpful Snack Hint #2: Watch Your Fat, Sugar & Salt Intake
Try to avoid foods with a lot of fat, sugar, and salt. Be sure to check nutrition labels, because youll find them in unexpected places.
Foods with lots of fat include beef (and any cut of meat thats fatty), French fries, donuts, deep-fried foods, cookies, cakes, processed snacks, and whole dairy products.
Of course, there are healthy fats, toothe kind found in nuts, fish, and avocados, for example. Just watch your intake of the not-so-healthy kinds.TRENDING: Women Who Eat These 3 Cheeses Are Losing Pounds of Stubborn Belly Fat (Research Proven)
Sugar is abundant in most desserts and is often added to cereal, baked goods, sauces, condiments, dressings, canned vegetables and fruits, bread, smoothies, and dried fruit.
Youll find added salt in peanut butter, cheese, canned food, salted nuts, many frozen and canned foods, meat, poultry, eggs, smoked meat, cured meat, fish, poultry, bacon, ham, hot dogs, sausages, anchovies, and caviar. Choose low-sodium products when possible.
Tasty & Healthy Snack Ideas For Lockdown
For Your Sweet Tooth
Thank goodness! There are plenty of sweet treats that arent excessively fattening (in moderation).
- Dark chocolate
- Non-fat frozen yogurt
- Frozen mango cubes taste like dessert because of their natural sugar content. You can also try freezing bananas, pineapples, berries, peaches, and other fruits.
- Chia pudding is very healthy and easy to make. Plus, you can make it in chocolate or other flavors.
- Greek yogurt with berries
- Peanut or almond butter on apples
- Dry, unsweetened coconut chips
- Dark chocolate-covered frozen bananasjust melt the chocolate, dip the banana in it, and freeze.
- Dark chocolate avocado moussemush up an avocado and mix it in melted chocolate to taste.
- Frozen yogurt fruit barka fun and delicious dessert you can make quickly.
- Banana ice creamcut the banana into slices, freeze them, and then put in a food processor for an ice cream-like treat.
There are plenty of savory snacks that fill your belly but arent fattening.
- Low-fat cheeseadd a slice of fruit for extra flavor
- Unsalted nuts
- Hard-boiled eggs
- A handful of unsalted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Half of a baked potato with salsa
- A can of salmon or sardines
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Olivesadd grape tomatoes and a touch of salt for an even tastier snack.
- An avocadofill with tuna or a fried egg for extra flavor.
- Parmesan garlic-roasted chickpeas are a flavorful and easy-to-make savory snack.
- Veggies with dipsMany vegetables are just begging to be dipped into something delicious. Celery, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and others are perfect dippers and also taste great with toppings.
Healthy Toppings & Dips
- Nut butterscheck that theres no added sugar.
- Low-fat sour cream
- Guacamolejust mix lime and a sprinkle of salt (jalapeo and tomato optional) into mashed avocado.
- Low-fat cottage cheesetry adding some cinnamon and/or fruit.
- Natural, low-fat dressings
- Shrimp and cocktail sauce
- A small bowl of cereal (not a sugary brand)cereal can also be a great topping for yogurt.
Easy & Healthy Make-Your-Own Snacks
- Baked Zucchini Chipsa healthy and delicious alternative to potato chips
- Apple, walnut, and cinnamon mixcut apples and stir together
- Tomato and mozzarella with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Tomato and cucumber salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Avocado fries with lime dipping saucetake a look at the other amazing recipes on that site, too!
Store-Bought Healthy Snack Options
- Popcorn without lots of salt or artificial additives, like SkinnyPop
- Pretzels (look for natural ingredients)
- Tortilla chips with salsa
- Lara Bars have very few ingredients (so they are natural and healthy) and come in many flavors.
- Good Health Veggie Pretzels
- Snapea Crisps (addictive!)
- Popchips Sweet Potato Chips
- Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips w/Sea Salt
Plus, click here for Eat This Not Thats list of many healthy snacks you can buy at the store.
Being at a healthy weight depends on making good eating choices, even when youre stuck in your home until you want to scream out the window. Its all about having nutritious ingredients and food in your kitchen.
Bear in mind that food companies want you to love their food and to buy them repeatedly. Many innocent-looking (and not-so-innocent-looking) products are filled with addictive substances like sugar, salt, and fat.
You cant stop eating them because they are delicious and your body demands more. They activate addiction centers in your brain!BRAND-NEW: Research Shows These 3 Sugar Substitutes Are Best For Burning Fat (Plus 2 You Should NEVER Eat)
For instance, sugar consumption causes the release of opioids and dopamine in your brain resulting in a high/happy sensation and causing you to seek it out.
Reading labels and being aware of the effect that different foods have on you enables you to stay away from snacks that arent good for your body.
Being quarantined actually provides you with time to experiment with fruits, veggies, grains, and dairy so you can learn how to create new healthy, drool-worthy combinations!
The Secret Ingredient That Makes These Snacks Healthy & Quarantine-Friendly
Almost all of the above snacks have one thing in common:
Quarantine snacks with protein are great because protein helps you burn fat just by eating more of it.
Its true a recent study showed that upping your daily protein intake by a certain amount could burn 441 more calories than just eating what you normally eat.
(Eat more to get thinner? Sign me up!)
So from the list above cottage cheese is great regular cheese is great nuts are fantastic eggs are ideal
Just be sure to get at least this much protein to naturally boost your bodys fat-burning power.
(Plus as a nice little FREE GIFT Ill also give you 2 other ways to passively boost your metabolism burn more calories and melt off fat as you sleep in quarantine).
Simply click the link below to see the groundbreaking new protein recommendation from some of the top researchers in the country and to claim your FREE GIFT:
FREE GIFT: How Much Protein to Eat For MAX Fat-Burning (Plus 2 Other Passive Calorie Burners)