Delicious, Easy & Filling Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
Sadly, pasta has gotten a pretty bad reputation in health-food circles recently.
The truth is YES, you can enjoy a healthy meal and also have a heaping dish of pasta, too.
This Greek pasta salad is anything but bland! Plus, it capitalizes on common ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.TRENDING: Women Who Eat These 3 Cheeses Are Losing Pounds of Stubborn Belly Fat (Research Proven)
(And if youre watching your budget as well as your health… this is also a very thrifty meal!)
Even better? You can have this recipe on the table in just a few minutes and it tastes even more delicious after a few days in the refrigerator.SPECIAL: These 3 Delicious Smoothie Recipes Are Specially Designed To Burn Off More Fat So You Lose More Weight
So, if youre ready for a delicious, satisfying, and healthy meal…
Heres how to get started:
FTHs Hearty Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 3.8-oz can black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 8-oz box of whole wheat rotini pasta spirals
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 8-oz bottle of reduced fat Italian dressing
1) Bring water to a boil and add pasta. Let cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
2) While the water is boiling, slice the cucumber into bite-sized pieces. Chop the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces as well. Set aside.
3) Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Add tomatoes, cucumber, and olives.
4) Add Italian dressing. Serve warm or cold.
- Tomatoes are surprisingly hardy and will last a while in your refrigerator but if you dont have fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes work just fine in a pinch! Canned tomatoes also work if you dont have any fresh tomatoes.
- If you want to increase the Greek flavor of this recipe, use kalamata olives instead of regular black olives. We recommend cutting them into halves or thirds before mixing into the pasta salad.
- No Italian dressing in your pantry or fridge? Make some! Italian dressing (and most salad dressings) are surprisingly easy to make yourself. A basic recipe like this one uses common ingredients, including dried spices, for a delicious homemade Italian dressing. You can also use our salad dressing base recipe and dress it up as you like.
- Feel free to add or substitute veggies in this recipe according to whats in your kitchen at the time. Bell peppers, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and red onion are just a few ideas of other veggies that would be delicious in this Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad recipe!
- This Greek pasta salad makes a great main entree or side dish. Serve it as the main dish with a side of crusty bread or as a side dish for just about any entree. Bonus: If you serve it as a side dish, you can put any leftovers in the refrigerator and eat it for lunch the next day!
Add This Delicious Cheese To Your Pasta For Increased Fat Burn (Scientifically Proven)
Yes, I said it:
While most of us think of cheese as something indulgent, fattening, and not exactly healthy…
One recent study has recently proven the exact OPPOSITE is true and in fact, eating more of certain cheeses can actually help you lose more weight!
Like Parmesan, for example.
A sprinkle of parm on this pasta saladwill add a creamy texture, a pop of saltiness, and will give it that little extra *oomph* to make it taste almost like a rich pasta dish straight out of your favorite Italian restaurant…
not to mention itll add a TON of flavor, and revive any veggies you may be using that are just a *little* past their prime.
(Looking at you, week-old zucchini in the back of my fridge)
And, eating more Parmesan has been linked to a variety of health benefits.
When eaten in the right quantities, Its been shown to fight allergy & UTI symptoms and has even been linked to increased fat loss for women (not for men though!).