20 Easy Weight Loss Recipes So You Can Jumpstart Your Weight Loss & Simplify Healthy Eating (Including Dessert!)
Use These 20 Easy Weight Loss Recipes to Get Started on Your Weight Loss Goals
So, you’ve decided that you want to lose weight.
Okay, so now what?
One of the biggest factors in weight loss is what you eat. It doesn’t matter how much we work out… If we aren’t putting things into our bodies that are good, we’re going to have a ton of trouble losing weight.
A big thing that I’ve had when trying to lose weight is really just figuring out what simple recipes I can make that are healthy and don’t need me to be some master chef! (Trust me, I’m anything but.)SPECIAL: What’s REALLY Causing Your Weight Gain, High Blood Pressure & Constant Fatigue (If You’re Over 30 You Need to See This)…
The good news is that there are SO many easy weight loss recipes that are super healthy! If I can cook them, I’m pretty sure that you can too!
Let’s take a look at some of the best healthy recipes to get that weight loss going:
Top 5 Breakfast Weight Loss Recipes:
1) Veggie Omelet with Goat Cheese –
You can get creative and add in other things – tomatoes, mushrooms, you name it! This recipe is super easy and super fast. (Plus – leftovers!)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 4 small fresh onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Whisk together those eggs, milk, salt, and pepper while you heat up the pan. (Add some olive oil so nothing sticks!) Stir until mixed (about 3 minutes).
- Add your zucchini, onions, and spinach to the hot pan. Look for the zucchini and onions to be soft and clear, respectively, and for the spinach to become wilted.
- Take the zucchini, onions, and spinach out and put it into a little bowl. Put the egg mixture into the pan, and cook until you can’t see anymore liquid. Grab a plate for the eggs and add the veggie mix on top. Throw some goat cheese on there and you are good to go!
2) Yogurt Parfait –
Studies have shown that Greek yogurt may decrease hunger and reduce your food intake!
- ½ banana
- 3 strawberries
- A handful of blueberries
- Greek yogurt
- Open up your Greek yogurt and put it into a bowl.
- Cut up each of the fruits into small pieces.
- Toss the fruit on top of the Greek yogurt and mix.
3) Strawberry Banana Smoothie –
- About 1 cup of yogurt (preferably Greek yogurt)
- 5 strawberries
- 1 banana
- A handful of blueberries
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- A few ice cubes (the more ice cubes, the thicker the smoothie is)
- Miss all of the ingredients together in a blender. I usually put the ice at the bottom so that it gets blended a little faster.
- Pour this bad boy into a glass or to-go cup, and you are ready to start your morning! (Also, you may find that you’ve got some extra – give it to your kids or save it and re-blend for a few seconds later.)
4) Breakfast Sandwich –
I love sandwiches at any time of the day. This sandwich is easy to make and will keep you feeling full.
- 1 English muffin
- 1-2 egg whites
- A small handful of spinach
- 2 slices of tomato
- While you toast the English muffin, start cooking up your spinach. When it looks wilted, it’s ready. Set aside.
- Cook your egg whites until there is no runny part, and toast your English muffin.
- Put your egg whites, spinach, and tomato onto the English muffin and have a great breakfast!
5) Nut Butter Toast –
This one may sound weird, but just try it! The great thing is that it’s a pretty well-rounded breakfast. You get lots of what you need to start the day off well.
- Nut butter
- 1 banana
- Toast (Try out whole wheat or chia seed!)
- Toast your bread.
- Slab on some nut butter and leave the bread open facing (not like a sandwich).
- Cut up the banana and place it on top of the nut butter.
- That’s it! Now it’s time to eat and start thinking of what’s for lunch.
Top 5 Lunch Weight Loss Recipes:
1) Grilled chicken and veggies –
Oh yes. This is an oldie but a goodie! And SO easy to make.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups of veggies (You pick! – I’m going to go with broccoli here.)
- Salt and pepper
- Grill the chicken breast until the center is fully cooked.
- Cook the veggies (If you’re grilling, do that!)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
2) Tuna Salad –
Feeling like changing things up? This easy-to-make tuna salad will get you going through that lunch hump – and it’s great for weight loss too.
- Tuna (canned)
- Small tomatoes (about 8)
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ onion
- Honestly, this one is so easy. Just mix all of the ingredients together, although make sure to slice up the onion and carrot first. You’ll be done cooking so fast it’ll feel like cheating!
3) Quinoa Salad –
Easy to make and full of weight-loss foods! Quinoa has a lot of nutrients and fiber, according to this study, and pistachios don’t have tons of calories.
- 1 box of quinoa
- A small handful of pistachios
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ onion
- A handful of tomatoes
- Cook the quinoa as the box instructs, bringing the water to a boil before adding it in and stirring. Return to a boil and then continue cooking on medium heat until the quinoa has absorbed the water.
- Put the quinoa in a bowl and slice up all of the vegetables.
- Add in the veggies to your dish. (Get creative – you can add different things too!)
4) Leftovers –
Feeling a little rushed or just plain lazy? You don’t have to cook every single day – if you make too much dinner one day, save the dish in a Tupperware container and have it for lunch the next day. Most things will hold! One thing that holds perfectly well is leftover greens, like broccoli or brussels sprouts.
5) Kale Salad with Avocado and Salmon –
Umm. Okay, why am I not eating this dish right now? Salmon is one of my favorites, and pairing it with kale… I mean, you really just have to try it for yourself.
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 avocado
- Cook the salmon either in the oven or on the grill until cooked all the way through the middle.
- Put your spinach in a pan over heat and remove when the spinach has wilted.
- Cut open a fresh avocado.
- Put your salmon over your bed of spinach, and put the avocado on the side or on top of the salmon – I’ll let you decide!
Top 5 Dinner Weight Loss Recipes:
1) Teriyaki Chicken with Veggies –
This is an all-time favorite of mine for sure. Chicken is high in protein and low in calories, which makes it a great dinner for those trying to lose weight.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 ½ cup of mixed vegetables
- Teriyaki sauce
- Cut up the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Cook the chicken about halfway, adding in the mixed vegetables.
- Toss with teriyaki sauce shortly before eating.
2) Chicken Lettuce Wraps –
Lettuce is great for weight loss and this study even says it could have anti-cancer properties. Even though it’s low in calories, it helps meet the number of micronutrients your body needs!
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 pieces of lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- Buffalo sauce
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and cook on the stove. Toss in buffalo sauce.
- Lay out three boats (pieces) of lettuce onto a plate.
- Put a handful of chicken breast into each boat of lettuce.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on top.
- Voila! Dinner is served.
3) Mixed Salad –
While we’re on the topic of lettuce, what about a quick chicken salad for dinner? Here’s one of my favorite salads for weight loss (and my favorite of all of the easy weight loss recipes listed).
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli, uncooked
- Mozzarella cheese (sprinkle on top)
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Put the chopped Romaine lettuce into a big bowl. Add in the chopped tomato and broccoli.
- Cook the cubed chicken breast on the stove, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked cubed chicken into the big bowl.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and add in balsamic vinaigrette (always put less than you think!).
4) Caprese Salad –
Yes, another salad! This one doesn’t involve lettuce, however, and is seriously one of the best to serve on those hot summer nights. This salad, part of what’s called the Mediterranean diet, can cut the risk of heart problems, according to this study.
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Log of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Alternate between a slice of tomato and a slice of mozzarella cheese on your plate, laying flat, until done.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Pour (less than you think!) balsamic vinaigrette around the Caprese salad.
5) Bow Tie Pasta with Spring Vegetables –
Need I say more about this dish besides that it’s completely delicious? Try it for yourself if you don’t believe me!
- 2 oz whole-grain farfalle pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed and toss with oil, veggies, and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and then chow down!
Top 5 Healthy Dessert Recipes:
1) Halo Top Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Looking for some ice cream? This is an amazing dessert not only because it’s actually healthy… but because it’s great for someone on-the-go who really needs some sweetness in her life but just doesn’t have time to bake something!
It’s one of the lowest calorie, carb, and sugar ice creams out there.SPECIAL: This Scientific Trick Can Reduce Your Belly Fat By 8.5% in Just 12 Weeks…
2) Fruit Salad with Orange Blossom Water –
This is an amazing dessert for those super hot, humid days. I know, I know. Fruit salad doesn’t seem like dessert.
But, this contains so much nutritious value – plus antioxidants – that it’s definitely worth a try!
- 2 cups cubed melon
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- Orange Blossom water
- Toss the melon and watermelon together in a bowl – feel free to add some other fruits as well!
- Sprinkle mint on top and pour orange blossom water on top of the fruit.
- Enjoy this unbelievably refreshing dessert!
Don’t worry, I wasn’t going to leave the chocolate lovers hanging! This healthy dessert are nutritious but will satisfy that sweet tooth.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- ~1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- Place pitted dates in a food processor and blend until they become ball-like. Add in water and pulse.
- Add in cocoa powder, flax seed, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and process until well mixed.
- Turn off food processor and fold in pomegranate. Stir until even throughout.
- Form into 12-14 balls. Roll in cocoa powder! Store in the fridge if you have extra.
4) Apple “Fries” with Peanut Butter Dip –
This one may sound a little weird, but if you love peanut butter, then this dish is for you. The fat and protein in the peanut butter help to make this dessert a great one!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 apple (any kind)
- Slice the apple into fry-like shapes.
- Put the cup of peanut butter into a small bowl and the sliced-up apple into a cup or bowl.
- Dip and enjoy!
5) Pineapple Whip Float –
Pineapple and coconut milk… Is this cheating? Even though it may sound too good to be true, this dish is great for weight loss! It’s healthy but still fulfills that much-needed dessert time.
- 4 cups frozen fresh pineapple
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk
- 4 cups of 100% pineapple juice
- Cut up fresh pineapple into cubes and freeze.
- Put frozen pineapple in a food processor with 1 ½ cups of coconut milk.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of pineapple juice to a cup, scooping some of the pineapple whip into the cup.
- Serves four! (Or yourself – four times.)
So, now you’ve got 20 unbelievable recipes to help kick-start your weight loss.TRENDING: This Massive “Mistake” Melted 48lbs Off Her Body (Click Here to See How)…
Even though some of these didn’t even seem like they’d be great for weight loss because they sound so amazing, they all are! A huge part of weight loss is realizing exactly what is going into your body.
The best way to know this is by buckling down and cooking for yourself! Sure, it may seem like a big task at first, but all of these recipes are super simple.
Again, if I can do it, you definitely can. Time to get cooking!
How to Get Your Body to Burn More Fat (Instead of Storing It)
With these 20 recipes, you’re well on your way to a healthier you.
You’re armed with the info you need to start eating healthier and melting off those stubborn pounds.
However, all the healthy eating (and “light” recipes) in the world won’t do you much good if your body decides to store ALL of your food as fat… instead of burning it for energy.
And it all comes down to getting the right gut bacteria into your system.
He’s turned it into a science – so you can get noticeable, fast results.
Here’s how it works: