Warm, Gooey Apple Galette Recipe (And It’s Healthy!)
This Delicious, Warm Apple Galette Recipe Is Actually Good For You…
If you’re trying to eat healthy, it may seem like you have to give up desserts completely. After all… nobody is trying to argue that dessert is the most important meal of the day, right?
Here’s the thing, though. A healthy diet is one that practices moderation.
Cutting something out of your diet due to an allergy or an intolerance is totally understandable. Saying goodbye to your favorite food because you’re “on a diet,” though?
That’s just a recipe for rebound binging and overeating later.SPECIAL: Researcher Discovers The “Million-Year-Old” Diet That Allows This Tribe To Stay Slim & Healthy… Even While Eating Sugar
Look, let’s be honest with each other here. You’re not here to learn about recipes for disaster. You’re here for recipes for your favorite healthy foods… (and of course, awesome health and fitness tips, too!).
I’ve been there, friends. I tried to be super regimented with my diet, and it was miserable.
After losing a hundred pounds, I started to believe that I had to give up all of my favorite treats forever. I avoided chocolate… turned my nose up at cake… and wouldn’t touch my favorite—apple pie—with a ten-foot pole.
Oh yeah. I was ridiculously s-t-r-i-c-t. I was so afraid of gaining it all back, I refused to go anywhere near literally my favorite dessert ever.
Pretty sad, right?
Well, guess what? This recipe is probably the most amazing warm and gooey rustic apple galette… and it’s totally healthy enough to eat every day.BRAND NEW: These Delicious Desserts Can Help You Burn Fat & Lose Weight
It’s got plenty of vitamins and minerals from the apples… plus the added bonus of pectin (a gut-friendly fiber that’s shown to boost satiety). The whole grains from the flour will help you stay full and avoid an unwanted blood sugar crash.
And it’s got a nice punch of protein from the Greek yogurt, too… which means you won’t be starving an hour after eating it.
I personally like mine with a big ole scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt… but you can enjoy yours plain if you like. While I made this galette for dessert, it’s good enough for you to enjoy for breakfast (or any meal of the day).
And did I mention it’s a total breeze to whip up?
Yeah. You have no excuses, friends. Please try this recipe out tonight.
And I promise, if you love apple pie half as much as I do? You’re totally going to adore this recipe!
Here’s how to do it:
FTH’s Warm & Gooey Apple Galette
(For the crust)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
(For the filling)
- 3 large apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1) Preheat the oven to 350-F. Peel and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces. Sautee in a non-stick skillet with one tablespoon of water until tender, about five to ten minutes.
2) Add the honey and cinnamon to the recipe. Add the rest of the water and the flour, then stir again until the liquid is absorbed and the filling is thick. Set aside and let cool while you prepare the crust.
3) For the crust, add the flour and the baking powder to a mixing bowl. Stir until combined, then add the yogurt. Stir until a shaggy dough forms. The dough will be sticky.
4) Flour a surface liberally. Rest the dough on the surface and flatten it into an even square. (Recipe note: you will need to flour it often or it will stick.) Add the filling to the center of the square, then fold the corners in, covering the filling.TRENDING: This Massive “Mistake” Melted 48lbs Off Her Body (Click Here to See How)…
5) Whisk egg white, then add to the upper surface of the turnover. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the broiler on and cook for one minute longer. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn.
6) Serve hot with frozen yogurt, or let chill and enjoy for breakfast!
7 MORE Delicious, Good-For-You Dessert Recipes…
Once you try this delicious recipe… which tastes like you got it from a cafe in Paris but is surprisingly easy to make (not to mention good for you)… I won’t blame you if you decide to make dessert a nightly thing.
However, if the only better-for-you dessert recipe you have so far is this one… you’ll probably get tired of it after making it for the 7th time in a row… and you’ll begin resorting to desserts that aren’t good for you and definitely aren’t good for your waistline. We’ve all been there.
Never fear! Here’s the good news…
If you want to continue indulging in dessert… without resigning yourself to either A) eating the same dessert for the rest of your life and being bored out of your mind, or B) really packing on the pounds…
These desserts were based on the dessert recipes of a well-known TV doctor, so you know they’re going to be good for you, as well as slimming… but they still taste amazing.
Gooey, fudgy brownies… perfectly tart lemon bars… creamy cheesecake… You’re going to be amazed at how many desserts you can eat and keep losing weight!
When people ask your secret to how slim you are, you can just give them a wink and say, “brownies.”
I have a feeling you’re going to LOVE this cookbook and all 7 recipes as much as I do!
And you can access it totally free, right here: